The Mission of the Munhall Elementary School is to educate students who will:
- "Catch the Spirit" of lifetime learning,
- Think critically and creatively,
- Respect themselves, others, and their environment,
- Meet life's demands with confidence, and
- Model productive citizenship
Munhall School History
The Munhall Sisters
Munhall School was built in 1958 on an eleven acre plot of land which was bounded by Ronzheimer on the north, 13th Avenue on the west, Rita Avenue on the south and Mildred on the east. The property was purchased in August, 1958 from Joe P. and Beatrice F. O'Hara. It was named Munhall School to honor two sisters, Mrs. Mae Munhall Driscoll and Miss Helen Munhall. Their name was given to the school as an expression of gratitude and appreciation. These two teachers began their careers in the late 1910's after graduation from Northern Illinois State Normal School. Miss Munhall graduated in 1914: Mrs. Driscoll in 1919.
Miss Munhall taught in St Charles until her retirement in 1959. A new era was begun for married women when Mrs. Driscoll became the first married teacher in St Charles. In 1958 she was principal of the school named in her honor. Together the sisters devoted more than 80 years of service as teachers and administrators.